Monday, May 17, 2010

THEY MADE IT!! Moving Day part 1.

At 6:30 PM my husband, boys, mom and Brenda (our friend) all rolled into Wenatchee. Thomas and the boys had finally run out of clean underwear so that was the cue that the road trip must come to an end.
It was good to see some familiar faces..... especially my husband!!
Like I have said- he still gives me butterflies when I see his face...... I love him!

The boys were very excited to see their new home. They did everything we told them NOT to do- like throw rocks in the ravine, walk through the fish pond and demonstrate their new sling shots ( Dad's idea of a new toy). It was good to have them home with me.
My mom seems to like her place. She opened up all the closets, was excited to see a stackable washer/dryer and couldn't wait to plant some herbs on her porch. Unimpressed with the PINK walls of her bedroom (it can be changed) she seems to be happy.

At 8 AM today the trucks roll in..... and the crazy day begins. The first move is 30 THOUSAND pounds of furniture. It will be divided up between ours and my mom's houses. That is a lot of crap!
This is the stuff they came and got back in November. The "essentials" come by Wednesday.
Thank GOD Baba bought me some Milano cookies at the store. She told me should I start to loose it- grab the bag, sit down outside and eat! Folks- she will definitely be getting me another bag or two!!

Well, I am off to breakfast- house- and chaos!!!!!! I will keep you posted. If you try to call me today I doubt I will answer the phone.
Keep us in your prayers.... much love to ALL our friends.

2 comments:

  1. So glad to know everyone made it there safely. All together again!!! Stay calm with the movers, its going to be some long days ahead. You are all in our prayers. We love and miss you.
    Alisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sigh. So sad to leave you all in the middle of truck 2... hope the puzzle is fitting together! I was really getting into the unpacking thing, at least my niche in the area of breaking down boxes and slicing my fingers. And I always enjoy the go-fer job... (I trace a mean fleur di lis, too). The fact that I don't hate moves and packing/unpacking might have something to do with my 20 something lifetime moves, no? We miss you guys already. Can't believe you are all the way up there and we are all the way down here. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete