Monday, May 31, 2010

Bye-Bye Baba

Approximately 9 years ago I met Robin Marie Beckham-Sutton. Because of my BFF from High School ( who happened to be her half sister),  this very young and free spirited girl walked in to my life to "babysit" my young son, Jax. She was under the impression it would be "every once in a while" and I was under the influence that she was going to be three times a week ( I was running a nonprofit in those days). Amy, her sister and my BFF, had crossed the wires but I think there was a bigger plan than we all knew at the time.

Baba was working at one of the radio stations in Austin..... total party scene. I think after a couple of late nights with the radio station and a couple of early mornings at my house she had to rethink what she was going to do. Lets just say, I paid better.  Thank God she choose us over the radio station.
So the years went on and so did my specialty of reproducing children. Some how, she stayed!
She has seen me through some really rough times. Things my husband probably never knew happened because she never once missed a beat. I can literally start a sentence and she can finish it..... she has made me a better Mom.

Now, as of this evening and 6 AM tomorrow morning she gets to start a new chapter in her life.... full time wife to Jeff Sutton. She will get to be called "Robin" by people. She will be known as Mrs. Sutton instead of Baba and that guy she is married to..... Jeff. She can wear cute clothes instead of "kid friendly, vomit safe" clothes. She will get to start HER family.
She has made A LOT of sacrifices for me and my family. Honestly, I don't have words to express!!
This is so very hard for me to say in words. Baba is not just my "Nanny". She is my soul sister and family. My kids will ache without her presence. There are even bets that Thomas will find me in a corner "babbling" without Baba. Friends keep asking me--- who will replace Baba?


I say- NO ONE. There is NO WAY there will ever be a replacement. The idea of help- I just can't go there --- yet! Give me 2 weeks with 5 kids and I will be begging for help!
This girl has always been so loving to my kids. Hell, she even saw Madelon Rose being born. She knows me very well.... and I would like to say I know her too!
That is why we decided not to even say anything to each other. It is all understood!! Unusual for someone like me, I know- but I just can't say it. Sooooo-- it is "see you soon" !
One last note before I completely loose it!

I (WE) love you.... you are family Baba..... I pray for you every day. Thank you Jeff for sharing her all these years. After all these years---- a cyber hug! :}
God's blessings to you.... you have learned from me what NOT to do.... you will be an excellent MOM!
See you soon...... my sweet friend! I love you!
PS- this last picture is Baba with her "first baby".... Jax

No comments:

Post a Comment