Monday, May 24, 2010

Holy BOXES Batman!! Moving part 2

The move started great! I just never realized how much CRAP we have!! Actually----- I wanted to down size a LOT more than we did BUT certain people I live with thought we needed everything we had in the Marshall house. OMG!!!!
Sooooooo --- it took one 48 ft, one 45ft and TWO 35 foot trailers to unload all our treasures into a house and a condo. Ok, you can say it-- that is a LOT OF CRAP!!! Yes, and I drank a LOT of wine after the last truck left my driveway. It was FINALLY over. There are some areas you just can't walk in. This is mainly our oversized 2 car garage.
Oh, don't get me wrong- you can't walk anywhere without sqqqquuuueeezzzziiinngg past a box but the garage is just pitiful. At the end of the day when the movers want me to direct them with a box my standard answer became "burn it". I meant it and still do.
I think unpacking is worse than the packing. It is just mind blowing.
My husband looks at me and wonders "What is in all of these boxes?". If looks could kill he would be 9 ft under!! I don't know where it all came from but it did and now I have to wade through it one box at a time.

The children have been super cool considering their world has been turned upside down. I am just trying to hold it together. Sleep is not happening and I am just a babbling idiot. Tomorrow I sleep in my own bed!!
Here are a couple of pictures of empty/full. I will send more as it goes on.
Oh- did I mention the high is 70' and it is "sprinkling" here. LOVELY- and the air smells soooo good!

More to come.....
Ok- here are 2 pictures..... for some reason I am having a hard time uploading. First is the bedroom and second is the living room! Simple but should explain it only gets worse!
here is the living room.... 10 boxes had been unpacked and piano was set up.... ugh!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you are having so much fun. I wish I was there to help.
    Alisa

    ReplyDelete