Thursday, May 13, 2010

"Mom-are we there yet?" Yes, we are at our new home.......

It was asked all day long..... ALL day long! People would ask me if I live in Seattle or Wenatchee. My response was-- "Yes, I live in Wenatchee as of today, May 13, 2010".
The girls would ask over and over and over and over again..... is this our new home?

The trip went great. The girls were wonderful and so was little Henry. I am beyond exhausted and have not yet realized I am no longer living in TEXAS...... oh wait- yes I do- I am sitting outside this evening with zero bugs and mid 60's. PERFECT weather people- perfect!!!
My sweet friend, fix-it-guy and painter, Terrance drove my mini van up to Wenatchee.  Folks, this is a dude that has NEVER been past the Tx border. Off he went in my mini van.... full of excitement. He called me excited about everything. He even saw snow in Utah. Listen- have I mentioned he is our brother from another mother..... he is African American. Lets just say, you can spot Terrance in a crowd here. It is humorous! He is thinking EVERYONE is staring at him......picture 2 white girls, 3 white babies and a black man all out to dinner at the Red Robin........ funny stuff!

Fast Forward--- We are here. We are safe. WE are tired. It ain't over. I have 3 days till the movers come. I have been letting others do work on the house. I walked through it today. They have done an excellent job. YES, there are some small oopsies but nothing I can't fix in the next couple of days.
The house is lovely. The projects that I am doing are looking GREAT! I won't know my name by June 1st but hopefully I will get it done.

One last thing- Thomas is having an awesome time with his boys.... although he sprained his ankle. I am so thankful for this time he has given to his boys. He is making memories for a lifetime. I don't care if I am cross eyed right now--- its worth it for my boys and their dad.

Ok- it is 9:30 here--11:30 Texas time. I will write more later. Thanks for praying for us--- keep it up. Love to all of you..... I miss you already!

2 comments:

  1. Lookee at you -- a blog post up your first day there! Your blog mentor (K) will be so proud! Glad you arrived safely, praises for that! I am jealous of the cooler temps and no bugs! I am sure you will wrap up those house projects in no time flat! That's our Melanie! Happy Bday to my doc! Sorry he sprained his ankle!
    HUGS!
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy you made it there, but already missing you soooo much. Glad to know Terrance made it there safely. Tell Terrance we are proud of him too! Be sure and send pictures of the house as the projects get done, I can't wait to see them. Get some rest before the movers come. Tell everyone we love them and gives the kids hugs from me. Happy Birthday Tom!
    Love, Alisa

    ReplyDelete