Thursday, May 6, 2010

The Longest "Good-bye"..... EVER!

Moving time is here! This will be the LAST post from Austin, Texas!
AHHHHH- Texas... the one and only home I have ever known. I have lived all over it but never out of it.
Change is good. Change is scary. Change is life!

Ok- - So-- Here is my latest observations. I have been telling those I love, adore, admire and laugh with "good-bye" for over a week. We have had Tex-mex that could last us the rest of our life. We have laughed until we cried! We drank lemoncello with our friends. :} We have enjoyed intimate dinners, family dinners and surprise "girls night" out. It has been LOVELY!! Words cannot express the joy I have felt in the last weeks. I think EVERYONE ( including us- in a way) is now tired and ready to see us leave. It is bitter sweet! It is time to pack it up and move it out.....

Tomorrow is the last day for the boys. The class "good-bye" will be hard for everyone. I am not looking forward to tomorrow afternoon. My heart goes out to my children. I am sure they think this is the "END" of their lives..... they have been very brave! They too have been surprised with play dates and class parties. It is nice to know that our kids are loved so by others and that they will be missed.
Trust me folks--- we will miss EVERYONE!!!

So, change..... yes- it comes when we least expect it. We talk about it- we think about it- we threaten to do it--- but when it comes to it we just don't want to "risk" it. It is scary. It has made us realize what we have, what we are giving up and what we are gaining. In this moment it makes sense but in 3 months we might think something else. (NAH- we prayed WAY tooooooo hard for this. )
Trust and believe!!
I have had a lot of changes in the last couple of weeks:
Glasses- I am blind and admit it was time to suck it up and wear them.
Hair- I thought I would try to embrace a new color-- like my "natural" color.
Old age- or should I say close to 40 and rising--- you realize it is here when every day something is sore and hurts. Embrace it people.... it ain't getting easier.
 Friendship- I believe this with all my heart.... true friends will always be your true friends. You don't have to worry about THAT changing!

Well, I guess I will sign out. Damn it- this is hard! Part of me is so very excited and so much is so very sad. We have loved it here! Me, as a child, having such a rich family heritage here. Thomas, as a physician, helping and serving such wonderful patients and such a great community.
Us together- finding true love, having great friends, great memories and of course our children.

Thank you all-- for being our friends. Thank you for being there even when we didn't know WE needed the support. We will miss you. Come visit!!! Please keep in touch
 Most important--- pray for us!!
God Bless you all!!!


A few pics of lovely memories......
THE BABA

BRINGING HOME BROTHER
GERMANY
HALLOWEEN IN SAN ANTONIO
DADDY'S PRINCESS #1
BAPTISMS

CHILDREN
TRADITIONS

HERE IS TO OUR NEW ADVENTURE!! 
YOU CARRY SPECIAL MEMORIES IN OUR HEARTS.....

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures. Wishing you blessings and safe travels. We love you! We will miss you! We are praying for you all! This will be an exciting journey for all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Noah says (via mommy)...."I will miss Jax so much." (BIG HUGS) "And I am glad we are going to get cupcakes today!"

    (What can I say? He is a kid!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Change is life. Leaps of faith are awesome, and scary as hell. You will love Washington and we will miss you dearly...

    ReplyDelete
  5. weep weep- headed up to school right now to give your boys presents from Johnston and Ginny. We love your family and wish you the best on your journey. I keep telling Johnston that he "should be happy for the Tuckers, they are going on a beautiful adventure together. How lucky are they?!" You will be in our prayers.

    Daboub's!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You will all be missed dearly. But it is not good bye, only see you later. Safe travels. Our prayers are with you. Have a great time in Washington and stay warm this winter.
    Love, The Slevin's

    ReplyDelete