Tuesday, May 25, 2010

GREEEEEEN Acres is the place for me....

Alright! I am becoming one with nature. I have this wonderful place in the back that is an actual garden. It had not been planted for this spring but in one phone call I found JIM.... Master gardner and one interesting dude. I want to be his friend. He is THE MAN of gardens. He has his own "personal" garden of over 5,000 sq. feet. YIKES!
He brought in his machines- tilled it and planted it in one day! It was VERY exciting. He handed me some tools, told me this is how you get the weeds out, this is how you kill bugs, this is where your rhubarb is planted, your pumpkins, your heirloom carrots....... and BOOOOOM- I was a gardner!

O-K! Now in my mind I heard- "here is your tool...... blah, blah, carrots.... to kill the weeds- blah blah and turn this blah blah blah". I had lost him at here is your tool. As much as I was excited about the new garden and growing my own veggies.... I was like a deer in the headlights! HELLO- I just came from the city where fresh veggies means coming from a shopping spree at Whole Foods! Ummmm- can I make it grow? SUUUUUREEEE! How hard can this be? LOL!
Lucky for me- Jim is willing to come and tutor me. He will help me this season so I can learn how it "rolls" here. I am use to everything burning up crispy in Tx by May. It is STILL spring here-- NOT summer!!

My fear is not getting the house in order. It is killing this yard! Serious, this is the yard you dream of -- the one that is pictured in Southern Living. The one that makes Martha Stewart look stupid. It is gorgeous! I have 3 fruit trees, roses that are just sinful, grapes, 800 sq foot garden and grass with ZERO bugs and that feels like cotton when you run on it with bare feet. Instant therapy!!

I will let you know more later. Yesterday we went to Seattle for a break.... I will blog on that later.
We will finish organizing some junk, help my mom with her junk then chill for the weekend. June 1 will be a dark day for me. Terrance- my brother from another mother and fix it guy- and BABA will leave me to come back to Texas. Stay tuned. It will be a long, loving blog.... as soon as I scrape myself off the floor from my crying fit.
Welcome to reality!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I would've paid good MONEY to see your face when he handed you that tool. I expect a fabulous garden-inspired meal when we come to visit. It looks awesome. Hope Seattle was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What? You? Gardening? Next thing I know you are going to tell us that you are churning your own butter? And making homemade bread without a bread machine! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can sooooo see you in that garden everyday. We all know you need to be keep busy! Get all those kiddo's out there with you helping. I miss you so much. Call me when you have time to talk.
    Love, Alisa

    ReplyDelete