Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The End of Summer


Today is our last day of summer. The kids start school tomorrow, Sept. 1, so today will be spent getting things ready! Backpacks will have lunches ready to go tomorrow. Waterbottles, bike helmets, tires on bikes aired and ready. Yes, we get to ride our bikes to school! Checkups today. Haircuts. Last minute dash around town for anything I have forgotten. I will even sit and watch a movie with them today.
I write this with joy and sadness. It has been a GREAT summer. I have watched my children grow, adjust and "be". Infact- Jax said, "Why would anyone want to live in such a hot place or big city, there is nothing for them to do there". Ok, we have done our job.... they seem to enjoy it here.
It is time for them to go back to school and gain some knowledge. I must say, I am not the person to homeschool. To sit down and "teach" each one .... not my cup of tea. One or two- yes, not all 5. I don't know how these Moms with a lot of kids do it. Too much chaos for me. Saying this, we did read, do math and tried to keep of with the academics over the summer.
Seattle


Fish Lake Fishing
Future Cheerleader
Just a happy boy!


Yesterday, they received their St. T yearbook. They really enjoyed looking for friends and remembering "WHEN". It was bitter sweet. We do miss our friends but we are putting our best foot forward to meet others. I said the other day that Thomas and I are having a "Freaky Friday" moment. He is the out going one and I am closing the blinds behind me.... just not wanting to move too fast. WEIRD!!
I think things finally caught up with me.

Today I will remeasure my kids on our closet door. We did this at the beginning of the summer so it will be interesting to see how much they have grown. I am blessed.
I will post the first day of school tomorrow......

No comments:

Post a Comment