Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Fish Lake

Yesterday we went fishing on "Fish Lake". This is a small lake up in the middle of no-where in the mountains. After winding around and around and around the mountains, we got to the lake. Spectacular!!!

It is the most peaceful, quiet, gorgeous lake I have seen. It is very small but the water is like glass. You can rent boats for dirt cheap and head out to fish...... great fun.

One problem- the kids had gone fishing 2 days earlier where the fish were jumping on the hook.... this fishing was more about nature and PATIENCE!!! Well, I learned my eldest has none of that.... he was a little toot for the first part!

We did get some fish- but none worth keeping. The one on the stringer we considered keeping but in the end we released them back to the water. I think Madelon Rose is VERY hooked and so is Blaise! BTW- I bait and knot all my own hooks and there is proof....


Well, I am having a hard time learning about the weather here. It was cool down in the valley and COLD up in the mountains. Ok- so I still think like a Texan.... it is August so that means shorts, flipflops and tshirts. UMMMM- NOT!! I need to ALWAYS carry a jacket and sweat pants in the car. It got REAL cold on the water and a little rain came down too! The kids had 2 shirts on and thank goodness I had packed these picnic blankets that are insulated.... it kept the wind off.
Oh well- lesson learned.  Here is Jax and Madelon covered up... trying to keep the wind/rain off.


Over all- we had a good time. Madelon did have "the one that got away" and it was BIG! Oh well, we will be back! Baba caught a little bass and Terrance ran around fixing and baiting hooks. God love him....
Captain and First mate... made sure everyone had fun.
Letting the lonely one go....

1 comment:

  1. Fishing looks like fun. I remember when we took the kids on the boats up in New York. We thought shorts and T- shirts too, wrong! It was so cold we kept buying hot chocolate to keep warm and it was August. We Texans!

    ReplyDelete