Friday, August 6, 2010

Happy Birthday JAX!

August 7, 2001- Nine years ago- I gave birth to John Alexander Tucker. Weighing in at 7lbs 8oz  and 20 inches long. After 14 hours of laboring... he was delivered c-section due to the fact his O2 levels were dropping quickly. I weighed in at 201 pounds.... true!  He was just gorgeous. Big, perfect round head, big eyes and a big screaming mouth. Nothing has changed.... especially the screaming mouth!

Thomas and I had much to learn about children. For the first 2 years of his life he did not sleep through the night --- WHY we even had more children after that is beyond me. We couldn't even take him to dinner. He would scream the entire time. He did not see a restaurant for a year. Our first road trip was to Santa Fe and he screamed most of the time. We were "stupid" new parents thinking he "HAD" to stay in the carseat the entire trip! OMG- that trip almost ended in divorce! Somehow we decided we would take him over seas- he had JUST turned 2 years. God's graces and the help of Baba- he was great! He began talking, sleeping... etc. Oh, by then we had Blaise who was only 5 months. Jax has been a great joy!

Jax is a very LOYAL and LOVING kid. He is just like his father. They stand the same, walk the same and yes- love to argue the same. Even the "smartalic" is the same.... I have another word for that :}!
He has been a ball of energy since the moment he came out... looking back, he has been a pretty easy kid. I thought at the beginning- he was sooo hard- nope! Being a first time parent makes you THINK things are hard- but in reality, we put expectations on children that are unrealistic and think they should be adults... foolish!
* listening to his "echo" in a church in Germany......
Now, he is 9--- NINE---Nueve--neun-- nove-- neuf! Folks, that means I have 9 years to make things good/better than before. Continue to work on establishing a loving, faithful relationship with us and God. This means- I have a short time before he goes off into the world ( we hope) and become a part of society! SCARY! Where did the time go? So beautiful and sweet and I feel like I missed a lot of it because of choices I made. I ran a nonprofit when I could have been his "MOM". I volunteered WAY too much. I allowed outside influences to come in when I should have been concentrating on raising ALL my family..... sigh! Well, this is one reason we moved. To stop the rat race and be with our kids. Sorry it took us so long to figure it out.... but so far- we feel we have started something good!

Jax loves sports. He loves soccer but now has started loving baseball. He is a quick learner and very fast!

 A smart student and loves Boy Scouts and his friends. He has had some great, life long friends. So far- just a loving, easy going kid who just wants to have fun!!

 Did I mention what a GREAT BIG BROTHER he is to his siblings! He really is amazing!

Here is to 9 more years- we love you so very much. Love God and your family first-- because in the end that is all who will be standing there!!
BTW- today Henry is 8 month old.... chunky monkey!!

3 comments:

  1. Love your "Jax" post! Great boy! Oh my gosh, in the very first picture, I felt like I was looking at "male" version of Elizabeth! No wonder she is the way she is! (just kidding!) Good job Melanie, on the post, but more importantly, on being a mom, you are doing the best you can, you are doing ok! Keep on plugging along! (cyber hugs) And Happy Birthday to Jax!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!! It seems like Jax should still be that beautiful big brown eyed baby... time flies!! Love the post and love even more the sweet boy he has become. Thanks for reminding me that my sweet baby girl is my priority and in the blink of an eye she will be NINE!!!!! Miss you! p.s. #2,3,4 will be here someday - we just need a little break from the excitement for a while :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Post! You are doing an awesome job all around. Wishing Jax a very Happy Birthday. I still remember his birth, it was a wonderful day. He truly is a blessing from God!!! I miss all of you soooo much.
    Love, Alisa

    ReplyDelete