Sunday, August 15, 2010

August- a year ago!



A year ago, August 2009, we brought our family up to Wenatchee to visit the area. In my heart I knew we would move here.... but sometimes you think your heart is just saying what you want to hear.
1509 Marshall Lane- Austin
Wenatchee
Well, last week it was a year ago that we visited and now we LIVE in Wenatchee. Where in the world did the time go? In that year- I packed and sold 2 properties, had a baby, lived in a rental, contracted our new house from 2500 miles away and moved a husband, five kids and 2 grandmothers. I also planted a garden, gathered fruit off our fruit trees, and officially unpacked EVERY box we own!! It is official- we have moved into this house. Boxes are labeled and in sections, china is completely unpacked, clothes that don't fit are up in the "please Lord let me see those jeans again" containers, kid's rooms are full of uniforms and we can park the cars in the garage!!! Even Thomas' "man shack" has everything in it!
For those of you who REALLY know me--- this is HUGE! I have never, ever completely unpacked any of my stuff when we lived in Austin, I guess I was just too busy.... ironic!!

My husband gave up a practice of 20 years and the status he once knew.
I gave up maid service , Terrance ( painter and fix-it guy) and "THE BABA"..... ouch, that hurts!

We prayed a lot on what to do , why are we doing it and what does this mean. I gave myself till September 1st to allow my quick temper, crazy manic self to be crazy.... then I am to take on my new life with GRACE, PEACE and JOY! For we know- this is where we should be in and God will continue to lead us.....
We bought a "smaller" home with a lot of advantages. We walk to church and to school. We eat from the garden and I buy from a farmers market if I haven't grown it. I have done school work with my children most of the summer ( a FIRST) and have enjoyed it!
I have seen whales, gone white water rafting and taken my children fishing. We will car camp next!

We realize we won't see our friends as often as we like and that is something we struggle with daily. We pray for new friends that are honest and loving and we have met some that we feel will be good friends. When you are married, older and set in your ways--- it is hard to meet new people. You just don't know if they can "handle" the quirks!
We have said goodbye to Baba and Terrance but welcomed them back for a visit and fun! Oh don't think they haven't worked their booty off--- because they HAVE--- but we have done fun things this time! It is great to have them here.... it will be sad to say goodbye for the second time. I know it will be a year before I see them again and this is H-A-R-D!! Words can't express my admiration and love for Baba. Or, the close friendship I have with Terrance. They are my peeps..... and we love and miss them.
I have learned composting. It is amazing the amounts of food I threw away in Austin. Composting folks is easy and everyone should have a little one in their backyard. No excuse.... you would see what I am talking about.
We enjoy the evenings now. My husband is no longer so exhausted as he was in Austin. He comes home and plays catch with his boys. He feeds his Koi fish and piddles around in the yard. He has a new peace to him.

We go to confession together.... with our son. We have vowed to do this once a month. For a convert like me--- this is a MAJOR commitment.
I am watching my children grow in front of my eyes and all of the sudden- the clock started spinning out of control. Jax is turning into a lovely young man. Blaise is "shooting" up in size. No longer the short, boxy dude... now in the 95% in his age group. Madelon Rose is acting like a teenager before her time.... she is sooo pretty but sooo emotional! Pray for us.
Elizabeth--- well, her days can be good or bad.... just depends on how the wind blows. She is brilliant!
Henry- has 3 teeth and can say "mama" and he MEANS it... he is fat and happy.

How much can you fit in a year? Much and if you don't watch it--- it will be ten years that have passed and you never stopped to look back at the fruits you have grown. Like I said- I want to slow it down and take care of my fruits and flowers.... they are so very precious!

So, in a year much has happened and it was in a New York minute. I am happy and at peace. I look forward to the new adventures. At the end of the day--- I am thankful for all that has been given to us. Thanks for reading and I hope you will continue to keep up with The Tucker Family Circus... we all know it won't be dull....... Hugs to all!

2 comments:

  1. Proud of you Melanie! You "done" good. We can't wait to visit, just please don't make me turn the compost pile! Love you all! Hugs to everyone! (and is that MY conservative, well-dressed former oncologist wearing jeans at the office?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can always count on me, it may not be everyday. But when I can I will diffinently read your blog. It is the best and I am so proud of all of your accomplishments. Give all the family hugs and kisses from me. I miss you all.
    Alisa

    ReplyDelete