Sunday, August 22, 2010

He is 10 pounds ahead of me....

Weird title!!! Yes, it is odd but it is just a quick update of this weeks events. So, "the Baba" and Tman left us once again and returned to Texas. Within the first day- our kids were "bored" and fighting constantly. A good sign it is time for school to start. It has been the longest and best summer ever- but I think it is time for a routine --- for EVERYONE.
Now, we are setting up the uniforms, getting a list of chores together for the kids and settling in to our new lives. I think this will take a little longer than expected. :}
My husband thought he would be vegetarian for about 48 hours. He changed his mind on Friday when I packed his lunch of a veggie salad and then had a veggie pizza when he came home that evening!
Saturday morning he announced he needed a steak!! Thanks be to God!! I made sure he had one. Don't get me wrong- I am ALL for having a couple of all veggie meals a week- but not total vegetarian. NOPE!
I like meat! PERIOD!
Anyway- the 10 pound thing.... Thomas started running yesterday... after 1.5 years of nothing. I say he is 10 pounds ahead of me because he will run 5 times and loose 10 pounds. So by next week- he will be back in his skinny jeans. So- what is a woman like me suppose to do? Well, I just ordered the supreme over the shoulder boulder holder ( aka sport bra) and anxiously awaiting it. Look- it takes an army to keep them in place nowadays and I had to make sure they would not "bounce". Not fun for a nursing mommy.
So- in 5-7 days- I too will start doing something with exercise. It usually does keep me more sane.... such a good stress releaser. Not to say I have any stress- ers.... ummmm, well- at least 5.
Soon- you will see a post about my new routine. I really think I will blog about it for 30 days... yes, 30. It will make me accountable and you guys in stitches!! Guess that means more VEGGIES!!!
Otherwise- we are good. It is off to yearly check ups, dentists and drum lessons this week. Oh, hair cuts for the boys. We start school Sept. 1. Did I mention the trees are starting to get some oranges on them and it was in the mid 80's this week..... I think they call it FALL!
Stay Tuned.....

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great talking to you yesterday morning -- early for you!

    I was seriously wondering how Thomas was going to give up Bobby's famous fajitas! ; ) (not that you all are around to eat them anymore)

    Please post pics of the three big kiddos as they head off for their first day of school. And please post pics of the two littles ones just because they are so darn stinkin' cute!

    Now off to make chicken and steak and veggie kabobs for dinner! Can you guys be here in about two hours to join us? ; )

    Love you all!

    ReplyDelete