Friday, September 3, 2010

First Day of School!

FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!!!! St. Joseph- here we come!
The first day of school started off with a LOT of excitement.  The kids started out very early in the morning... pacing and begging to go to school..... 6:30 AM! I started a new routine of them getting dressed in their rooms and making beds. It will need some work. Everyone had a good breakfast and watched a show. At 7:45 we headed off to school.... it starts at 8:15!
Thomas goes to morning mass so when he finished he was able to meet us at the corner and walk us to school.
We even rode our bikes to school.
Henry stayed behind so I could get them settled. Thomas and I were as excited as they were.
The routine of the school is as follows- You can come to school as early as you want and play on the playground. At 8:05 the first bell rings. They gather in lines according to grade. They say 2 morning prayers and the pledge to allegiance. Then off they march into school....


So- the first couple of days went well. A lot of excitement -- a little too much. They have been bouncing off the walls everyday. Elizabeth has gone to school too. The schedule is a little hectic for me. They really believe in "easing" all the kids into school. WHAT????
It goes something like this--
School starts at 8:15 for the older 3. Kindergarten will get out early (12:45) for the first month as they become familiar with school and "ease" their fears.... O-KAY?!?!
Elizabeth goes to school at St. Joe's T/TH and for the first MONTH- 6 WKS they go for ONE hour 9-10... so the kids can "ease" in..... AAAAAAGHGHGHGHGHGH!!!
So- my schedule goes something like this---
Walk/ride to school....7:50AM
Ride back by 8:15 AM
Take Elizabeth back at 8:50 AM
Pick Elizabeth up at 10 AM
Go back home
Go back to school for MR at 12:40
Go back home
Go back to school at 2:40 for boys

I have now rode my bike a total of 3x back and forth. I have accomplished NOTHING during any of these times and my husband is wondering why I am behind..... ummmmmm??????
So- I have now started my day at 5AM to start my day with a workout, gather backpacks, gather lunches and have a cup of coffee to start the rest of the marathon. I am only praying it gets better... because I am rather frustrated. I have had ZERO schedule all summer and now I am dying to have one.
Not to mention Henry would appreciate it too!!

I am now headed BACK to school. First Friday of every month is early release and everyone is out at 11:45AM! Hey, this I like and can count on. Mass is on Fridays...
We have a birthday party ( for adult ) tomorrow and the rest of the weekend is hanging out! Who knows- maybe a little fishing???
Have a great one...
Oh- one last thing- On the 2nd day of school- Blaise got put in time out for "talking too much" and Elizabeth pushed a kid to the ground ( in front of me) because she wanted to leave "right then"....
sigh....... here we go! Not too bad but we have to work on some things.....

2 comments:

  1. I agree, that is an INSANE schedule. Back and forth, back and forth. Forget about "easing" them in to it! Puh-lease! The Tucker kids are tough, they can "dive" right in! Hey, some things never change, all schools seem to LOVE those early release days, while most parents do not! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember those days. So glad I only had to kids to keep up with. Hang in there, it should get better. I hope.

    ReplyDelete