Wednesday, June 9, 2010

LIVE from KPQ in Wenatchee......


On Monday Thomas and I were invited to be on a local radio show in Wenatchee. It was a way for the host, Lisa, to say goodbye to her Oncologist and to welcome Thomas into the community.
I did not realize I was suppose to speak on the show and for some reason I got very nervous and had a hard time finding words....... I know miracles never cease!!

So, here we went..... and it went very well. It was fun and the fastest hour in our life. We wish we could have done it over because we would have said a little more and been more confident. Weird, I can stand in front of a crowd and "be on" but you put me in front of a microphone where NO ONE is looking at me and I freeze like a popsicle.


In the end, we were glad and honored that this door was opened for us. We hope the community will love us and especially Thomas! Dr. Notter (above) had nothing but super nice things to say about Thomas. This clinic took over 1.5 years to find "the perfect fit". They have been so kind, so supportive and so welcoming. Our life has changed so very much and we haven't even touched the tip of the iceberg. The move itself has and was a lot harder than we had "planned". Leaving people behind has been hard. Leaving our resources behind has been hard. Leaving has been hard!!
Unpacking is the worse.... but I move past this every day.
Listening to Dr. Notter speak about his life here in Wenatchee brought a tear to our eyes. Here we are, "replacing" an icon in the community. The best thing is- Thomas truly knows he cannot "replace" him but honor him by doing a good job and becoming part of this wonderful community!!
We pray this will happen for us. It will take time and PATIENCE!!!

Thank you Wenatchee for giving us a welcoming start. We look forward to knowing you and becoming part of this community. Pray for us..... this journey has just started!!

3 comments:

  1. I listened in to the show. I thought you sounded fine, not enough air time for Thomas! But I "get it", it was more about saying good-bye to Dr. Notter. I think you stunned them all when you mentioned that you have 5 kids, almost 9 to 6 months!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always the funny man Thomas! Love you!

    ReplyDelete