Saturday, June 19, 2010

Happy Father's Day!

I am about 4 days behind of posting! I wanted to get this out before I hit the pillow....
Happy Father's Day!
There were many a great influences in my life growing up.... my grandfathers were wonderful! Strong men who expected a lot from a little girl. Usually- Love God, obey your parents and what ever you are doing would God be proud or sad in your decision!
They were strong , FAITHFUL and loving men and they were my rock during many years of my life.
My Step dad was always kind and gentle and loving to me.... He was a good Dad to a me during my teenage years.... Thank you Ernest!

My Dad- Marvin- is a GREAT guy. I have always loved just being with my Dad. No matter what- he kept me accountable for my actions. He taught me to always take responsibility for my actions, deal with the consequences and move on. Never blame others-- it is a waste of time.
Try to breathe more- panic less... a lesson I still work on every day.  My Dad is the dude who knows where to go on vacation and how not to break the bank. He knows music and instilled it into my soul. He taught me a girl CAN play baseball with boys- if she wants too. My Dad use to wake me to the UT marching band fight song on Saturday mornings--- hope he will do this with my kids.
My Dad LOVES Jimmy Buffet--- a true Parrot Head!!
I just REALLY love my Dad. It is so very hard for me to be so far away but I do love and miss him terribly. He is my Hero....

My children really have a GREAT Dad. Thomas doesn't always realize how his kids watch and react to him. They adore him and LOVE being with him..... He is a blessed man. My husband has given up a lot for his children. Our kids will see that there is NO doubt their Dad loves them. We both traveled a long path to be parents and your Daddy has a special story. I pray one day they will look back and realize how much he loves them..
Honey- your kids love you.... you are an AMAZING DAD!!

So to all the Dads, Uncles, Grandpas, Friends of Family and role models--- THANKS!
Just remember- the simple things is what the kids like-- even if you think it is nothing--- they will remember this "little thing" for the rest of their lives.....
Lots of Love-- Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment