Monday, December 31, 2012

A Look Back On 2012!



Where should I start when I look back at 2012? There have been many, many good times but there has been some disappointment that has made me look inward and wonder -"What happened here?"

Over all- we have been blessed with good health, amazing children and a great place to live. 
So- lets start on step one-- Children!

Barbara Bush, former U.S. first lady
"You have to love your children unselfishly. That is hard. But it is the only way."

If you have children, you will totally understand this statement-- There is not one day that I don't wish I could slam my head against the wall. Well, to some that is harsh but to those who have strong willed children, as we do, you totally get it. Our children have been blessed with strong wills. Yes- it is a blessing and a curse. They might take me to an early grave but I have no doubt they will rule the world one day...... or just make GREAT people!
This year I found myself being too involved in things. Things that helped them in their "world" but overall took my time, focus and patience. In the end, I found myself feeling guilty because I had put my time, treasure and talent in other places and not in them. So- I started the school year a little more focused. I am still working on it and vow to work harder this new year. Time is slipping away and I don't want to miss a moment because I thought my time should be spent some where else.

Resolution #1-- Focus on the Family!







“Faith is not the belief that God will do what you want. It is the belief that God will do what is right.” 
― Max LucadoHe Still Moves Stones

Aaahhhhh- Faith! It has been one that will challenge me to my last breath! Don't get me wrong, I have a strong faith in God but it has been hard at times this year. Not in God but in people. Let's just say I put my faith more in those I did not know and in the end.... well, it was like a "high school" moment all over again. I swore I would not go back to high school! People are funny. I would like to say, I feel I am a honest, loyal person. What you see is what you get. I try to live clean but realize I have lots, lots of faults. Seeeee- I told you I am honest!
It has been strange, it seems the more I get stronger in my faith- I get slapped down by someone's words. I am shocked that people -- grown people-- can act so crazy. Again- strange year. What I did discover.... my FAITH! I look back and wonder, "WHY did I put so much effort into others and not into my Faith?" Basically, it has been a wake up call-- Focus on what is important--- FAITH!!!

Resolution #2- Let Go and Let God!



“The future depends on what you do today.” 
― Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi


In the last week or so I have reflected on many things. If I look around there is a lot of anger towards others one has never met. I can't let myself go there. It disturbs me-- but my focus is on how I can teach our children to love more and to be tolerant of others. Life is what you make it. You can sit around and be angry at everyone or you can love them. Yes- love' em. Look- you can be complimentary to someone. Be nice. Show compassion to others even if they don't agree with you, call you names or stop talking to you. I mean- kindness is a great example of living a good life. Otherwise you are just wasting your time shouting at the emptiness.
Yep- this might sound "zen" to some but it is the fundamentals of society. Compassion, kindness, tolerance. Don't give up on those things.... show them more to others. This is the fundamentals of Christianity. Remember- Christ loved the sinner more at times than he did the devoted. People really focus on stupid things. They focus on what was said in People magazine, the TV media and instant postings on the various messaging. Lord, I have a hard enough getting the PBJ sandwiches put in the right lunch boxes. 

I just want to raise good kids, have memories that I can live over and over again in my head when my kids are grown and hopefully , with the Grace of God, see my children grown, grounded in Faith and being good examples to others. 
Happiness is what you make it. Love is important- it is not everything but showing it more to others is very important.

This year I lost a dear friend. It has been hard to think we won't get her  phone calls,emails or texts. She lived life to the fullest. She was a fighter. She was good people. She is missed. I miss her fire.  Tell people you love them....life is short.

I tried to make my thoughts clear but it is hard when you have children talking to you, needing things and having melt downs.
Basically- take whatever you have learned from this year and turn it in a growing experience. How can you adjust your thoughts and actions. Love more, hate less. Don't take everything so personal. Squeeze your children more.... even when they think it is gross. Pray more... 
Take a deep breath and live.... it goes by fast!

Resolution #3- Do Good Deeds, Pray Often, Remind People You Love Them, Live Life! 
OOOH- and blog 2x's a month! Gotta start somewhere!











Happy New Year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment