Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Spring Break 2011


It is Spring here in the great NW! I can't remember the last time I had a Spring Break in April but here we are and loving every minute!
So the week started with a visit from my Great Aunt (Memom's sister) and her daughter. They had plans to be in earlier from their flight. That was changed when they had to go over one of the passes in heavy snow. A late arrival and a change of plans to their accommodations ( my mother got the stomach bug) they went straight to bed. They were up and ready the next morning and off they all went "sight seeing". It was total fun having them around and GREAT to see my Grandmother so happy!
The trip was short and they took my Memom back to Texas till mid-May. I am sure they have already gone to most of the flower nurseries in a weeks time. I am sure Memom is enjoying some of the heat!
I already miss her and her laundry folding abilities.....seriously! I HATE folding sheets! :}
Coming home from Seattle... water looks COLD!


We had the opportunity to go to Seattle for one day. The 3 older kids and some friends went to see the Star Wars exhibit. TOTALLY worth the trip. I think I enjoyed it much more than the kids. Yes, I love the "original" Star Wars. It was fun and the kids were pretty good. For some reason, Blaise decided to walk through some plants by the Science Museum. Out of no where a "police officer" on this little scooter thing came chasing after us. Wow- we almost went to Seattle Center jail....kinda like airport jail. I honestly couldn't take the guy serious because he was on one of those vertical scooters that you see people on "sight-seeing".... really? You can't be on foot? You look REAL mean on that scooter!
Anyway- it was all good and the plants are the "no kill'em kind". You can't kill them by walking on them. Yes, he was wrong- but the guy didn't have to snarl!!









The last part of the week we just laid low! Went to a local museum, ate lunch outside and lounged. At the end of the week- I had 2 kids with 102' and bark coughs. OF COURSE, it had to be 2 days before they went back to school. Lucky for me- a virus- but Blaise still sounds like a seal.
Since then we have gotten into a groove. I received this niffty "chore chart" from the recommendation of my super duper organized friend Kathryn! We will start it this week. I am totally excited! I will say, I am keeping up with the laundry pretty good. Every day is 2+ loads but it is done and put up. Now, if I can just keep up with dinner planning!
This week we will be celebrating Blaise's 8th Birthday! He is really blooming and growing like a weed! He is now as tall as Jax. For those of you who remember Blaise-e as a baby- "tall" was not in his vocab! He was more like, round and jolly!! He is such a neat kid. More on that later!
Blaise was a little "Buddha Baby"!

Surfer dude in 2009

Easter we will have my BFF from High School and her family here! Natalie, Wayne and 2 kiddos! I am totally excited. She will probably think it is cold here ( 50-60's) but it is very nice. There will be LOTS of hikes for the boys and us just catching up. It will be bitter sweet I am sure!
Still working with the school. Pray for us-- ! We got a new Bishop in our Diocese! Pray for him.
OOOOHHHH- one last thing, Thomas and I have started getting up at 4:50AM to workout. Will let you know more in the next blog....lets just say this is H-U-G-E for my hubby to make this type of commitment!
More later- promise to be better on keeping up the posts-

2 comments:

  1. So now I'm super duper organized, huh? You will love the chart. I've got the meal planning thing down, but only if I could get the workout thing down :) Proud of y'all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. David would love the Star Wars museum. Looks like a lot of fun. Keep up the great work you are doing wonderful. We did the chore chart, it can work but you have to stay on top of it.

    Love, Alisa

    ReplyDelete